Re: Saturday, July 1 dropped

To: Chris Tweney <cat@pobox.com>,
Subject: Re: Saturday, July 1 dropped
From: "Darren P. Madams" <darren@madams.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 09:17:27 -0700
At 07:07 PM 6/5/00, Chris Tweney wrote:
>What's the surface there like?
>Don McKenna, do you have your amazing tire wear data for the
>Albany lot, too?

I ran the NASA autox school there several years ago (yeah, Jim I can't
remember if it was 96 or 97... 99 was kart, 98 was 440, 97 was Integra so
it must have been 97).

I also regularly throw large amounts of money into their funny one-way ATM
machines at that place, so I've seen the lot a couple of times. :)

It's a little more like castle (what I like to call sandstone) than the old
Oakland surface but much easier on tires.  Less slippery than old Oakland,
but nowhere near as grippy as 3Com but fairly close to Stockton grip.

Nice and smooth... I've noticed the last couple of years that it's starting
to develop a wave in the pavement, but there's no speed bumps or humps like
at Stockton and 3Com.

Nice big lot... about like Oakland.

Noise and neighborhood relations are a _major concern_ here.  Do _not_ do
anything stupid and blow this opportunity for all of us!

         --Darren