Naming Corners

To: "'ba-autox@autox.team.net'" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Naming Corners
From: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 12:05:10 -0700
Actually, at the first Boondoggle, we Vernon and I named all the turns.
Actually, we did that at every Boondoggle. The first one had turns like
"Reitmeir's Revenge," and "McKenna's Mayhem," and the "Sias Sifter," and
stuff like that. Then we moved on to, last year, anyway, finding that
inner-peace, and we named them after Zen Buddhist concepts. I know we spent
like an hour on the phone thinking of names. I think the sweeper itself was
just plainly called, "Zen." Other names: Affirmation. Clarity. Nirvana. So,
the announcer would have to say, "There he goes, he's reached Clarity, now
he's headed for Nirvana." We soon realized no one would ever really go along
with it, though, the party poopers. Then, this year, and then we totally
forgot, we were going to dedicate the course to Microsoft. I can only
remember one turn name: the Zip Drive. Vernon sent me this whole e-mail with
all these turn names, and they were hilarious, and then we both totally
forgot what they were.

Oh well.

Katie K.

Happiness is the best cosmetic.