Round 6 thank you and question

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Round 6 thank you and question
From: Alan Gruner <algruner@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 19:05:06 -0700 (PDT)
I want to thank everyone who worked so hard to make
round 6 run so well. I had a great time.

One thing happen that concerns me. While waiting in
line for my 3rd run, I noticed that a lug nut appeared
to be missing on the front wheel of the white Neon in
line beside me. I yelled through my helmet at the
driver,"I think you're missing a lug nut." He yelled
back, "I know. The muffler shop lost one when I had it
in there last time." I asked if they had let him
through Tech with it missing. He indicated yes and
seemed unconcerned. I was being waived forward to run.
I chose to go ahead and run without making an issue of
it. In retrospect I'm not proud of that decision. I
have a hard time believing any tech inspector
knowingly let that slide. I think I should have
alerted the grid workers.

Is there a preferred method for dealing with
situations like this?

Alan

http://invites.yahoo.com/