Re: Kumho tires (was Re: New BFG tire?)

To: Scot Zediker <mx5_1991@yahoo.com>, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Kumho tires (was Re: New BFG tire?)
From: Enno Wein <enno@lsil.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 10:17:17 -0700
Thanks to all replies.

Since I burned through the first steel belt of my G-Force
tires on saturday at McClellan learning to go sideways
(so that from now on I know what it feels and don't have to do
it anymore) in 23(!!) laps (that was a HUGE event, it took
me days to remove the grin off my face - dang here it is again)
I bought a set of Hoosiers from Sean Breese who mounted them
right then and there (thanks, Sean).
Since that expense blew even next years budget - I took it
REALLY slow on the new tires, but I could easily tell a big
difference to the G-Force - the Hoosiers actually brought ride
quality back to my car!
The G-Force were so stiff, it felt like I was driving on rims only,
the Hoosiers are really comfortable compared to that.
(Probably the weight difference causes some of that difference as well)

For the more subtle difference (forgiveness, lock up under breaking)
etc.
a ham-handed driver like me has to gain some experience with them
first to be able to tell - but they did feel softer somehow.