Re: Major Announcement

To: Bay Area Autox List <ba-autox@autox.team.net>, Kevin_Stevens@Bigfoot.com
Subject: Re: Major Announcement
From: James Creasy <jcre@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2000 09:03:12 -0800
now that this has come out id like to propose an idea that i have been
thinking about for some time.

one aspect of solo racing is that we miss the exciting wheel-to-wheel action
of road racing.  this proposal will bring this important aspect of racing to
our sport in a relatively safe way.

competitive course-runs.  the participants will grid up in the run groups
for their cars at the start of the course walk and sprint around the course.
the winners will receive points based on the finish order.

the fastest runner will be rewarded by an unobstructed view of the course..
often a problem in these crowded events.

the competitive course runs will also reduce the amount of time needed for
the course walks and reduce the stragglers.  further, we will get to see
lazy howell run!

in addition this will reward/improve physical fitness among the
participants.

i hope that the solo II community will consider my proposal.  i think it is
a very good idea.

-james creasy
president, BAPOC www.klio.net/probe
FFR Cobra #1630 www.klio.net/cobra