Re: Forward from the Auto-x list -> MR-S vs. Miata

To: bhengen@iwaynet.net, miata@realbig.com, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Forward from the Auto-x list -> MR-S vs. Miata
From: Nandaholz@aol.com
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 14:54:47 EST
In a message dated 02/11/2000 11:25:36 AM Pacific Standard Time,
bhengen@iwaynet.net writes:

<< It's just MHO, but don't you find it a bit demoralizing to run street
rubber
 in CSP? I don't know the level of competition at your events, but here,
 where I already get beat regularly by trick Civics with my Comp TA/R1s, I
 wouldn't  be anywhere near competitive with street tires.
 Bob
 Red 90A - Buckeye MC - MCA #170 >>

The UFO is quite capable on street tires. Last season I ran Yoko AVSi's and
RE-71's and placed quite well even got 1 in CSP the day before my wedding,
(that was a sweet weekend). R Comp tires hide a lot of fault and I have
plenty that I still need to work on. I am sure I will luv the R comps
whenever I get them, but it would be embarrassing to lose to a guy/girl with
street tires, get the point. I would say the SCCA CSP is very competive, but
I have never been to a nation event. I will proudly be running my $40
Sumitomos HRT 100's this weekend at Mather AFB in Sacramento at a Nasa/CSCC
event.
~Nanda and UFO