RE: Kumho size for Miata?

To: "'Keith Hearn'" <khearn@Legato.COM>, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Kumho size for Miata?
From: Kevin McCormick <ktm@unify.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 16:26:05 -0800
It's worse than that - you really only have 15x6 wheels, unless the 10AE
came with different wheels than the Leather/Sport model (except for being
polished/chrome).

Gary Thomason, BS champion, ran 205's on his Sport.  On Katie Elder's '99
Sport model we ran both - the 225's gave good grip for sweepers, but were
more sloppy in transitions.  As far as gearing, with the 10AE having the six
speed (but a taller final drive) the 225's would help on some courses by not
running out of second.

I'd vote for the 205's - light car, better acceleration, easier to
transport, and the tire mounters won't curse at you quite so much :-)

Kevin McCormick
Former Miata driver, now vtech junkie (with 225/50/15 Kumho's on the front
of the Type-R and 15x6 wheels but 300 pounds heavier than a Miata, and all
of it over the front.)