Tow / Family Trip Vehicle for Sale - Low Mileage '01 Suburban,

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Tow / Family Trip Vehicle for Sale - Low Mileage '01 Suburban,
From: mgtrautoxr@sprintmail.com
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 11:20:37 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
If anybody is interested I have an excellent '01 Suburban for sale. This is
what I had been using as my tow vehicle (before buying the pickup) and family
trip vehicle. It only has 34,800 miles on it and is in excellent condition
inside and out. It is an LS model with the 5.3 liter V8, 3.73 locking rear axle
and electronic push button 4-wheel drive. It is loaded with leather front
driver and passenger heated 8-way power seats, 8 passenger seating (with memory
on the driver seat), heated outside rear view mirrors, CD player and cassette,
automatic dimming rear view mirror with temperature and compass, rear air and
rear heat (kept everybody nice and cool when driving through 116 degree heat a
few years ago), On Star, factory tow package (including engine and transmission
oil coolers), tow/ haul mode on the transmission, auto leveling rear hydraulic
shocks, etc. This vehicle is extremely comfortable, I have taken several trips
where we have driven 800 miles in a day with my wife and three kids and it is so
comfortable I'm not even stiff after driving 12 hours. We bought it new and it
has never been in an accident, there aren't even any door dings on it! I always
figured I would keep this for a long time so I've always run Mobile 1 in it
since I first carefully broke it in and I've put in synthetic lubricants in the
transmission and rear axle. There has never been anything wrong with this
vehicle - it is the only new vehicle I have ever owned that has never been back
to the dealer for any reason. We only used this for trips and some towing to
autocrosses so it has never been a daily driver and since we live out of town
almost all of the miles are on the highways. I have all of the original
paperwork including the window sticker, owner's manual, original build sheet
(from GM's intranet) and even dealer brochure from when we bought it. Here is a
link to a few pictures and the window sticker:

http://home.sprintmail.com/~mgtrautoxr/id12.html

Since this is a half ton Suburban it would work as well for pulling a huge
enclosed trailer, but for pulling anything on a flat bed trailer and a smaller
enclosed trailer it works great, plus it is such a good vehicle for traveling if
you have kids. Since it is a half ton it rides very well (much better than a
pickup) and turns fairly sharp (sharper than my '96 Tahoe did). My wife drives
an Olds Alero and the first time she got in it she couldn't believe how well it
drove, she thinks it drives better than her car. Even though the window sticker
shows 16mpg on the highway we general ran around 17 when we weren't towing,
sometimes as high as 19 when running through Iowa and Wisconsin (where the speed
limits are lower). The only reason we are selling this (and we really debated
over it since like it so much) is because we had bought a large 30 foot travel
trailer and felt we needed a 3/4 ton for camping we were in the mountains out
west. We ended up buying a used '05 3/4 ton Suburban so we weren't able to
trade this one in. I just put an ad in the local paper for this weekend, I
though I would post here so that somebody in the autocross community could
benefit from all of the care I put in to this vehicle.

We are asking $22,000 but would listen to any offers. A new one like this
stickers for about $50,000 and is going for about $42,000 with the sale GM
currently has going on. At under 35,000 this is just well broken in and is in
like new condition.

If interested email me or give me a call at 816-588-5105. We are located in
Odessa, MO (about 35 miles east of Kansas City on I-70).  If anybody from out
of town wants it, I can pick you up at the Kansas City airport (airport code is
MCI if you are looking at flights).  I wouldn't be afraid to drive this
anyplace in the country just as it sits now, just gas it up and go!

Kevin Brown
FP TR6