Re: PD(E/C) Level 1 Time Trials... New life for roadracing

Subject: Re: PD(E/C) Level 1 Time Trials... New life for roadracing
From: Chuck Schultz <k4cay@cableone.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 14:53:54 -0600
In Alabama, we just did a Saturday Solo and Sunday PDE at a little race
track, here, http://www.tgprace.com .  Attendance was good at each group
of entrants had a great time.  By running the Solo on Saturday, we were
able to fill a couple empty slots by announcing, "If you like this,
tomorrow we pick up the cones. . ."

We already had experience with the venue, having done Solo I, Solo II,
and HPCCC there, before, so it was fairly easy to pull off.  We had
plenty of folks who'd already instructed for other clubs, so there was
no shortage of willing, able instructors.

We may need to adjust the economics of it, a bit, but there is no doubt
that we will have at least one more similar event there, this year.

I'v heard that some other regions, who are having trouble filling fields
at regional races, are adding PDE's as an extra run group on a race
weekend.  Others are running mid-week events, when track time is more
available and less expensive.

The whole TT program seems to provide a fairly seamless route for folks
to progress from Solo to club racing, with plenty of intermediate steps
to stop at along the way, if you meet a level of fun you're satisfied
with.

Chuck Schultz

--
Chuck Schultz        mailto:k4cay@cableone.net