Re: 2005 Helmet Rules

To: Charlie Davis <gt40d@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: 2005 Helmet Rules
From: Mark Sirota <mark@sirota.org>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 14:58:29 -0500
--On Wednesday, January 5, 2005 11:25 AM -0800 Charlie Davis
<gt40d@yahoo.com> wrote:
> What's the status of the 2005 Snell standard, wrt Solo
> 2 rules?  When the 2005 standard comes out, will there
> be a grace period on Snell 90 helmets?
>
> Andy?  Mark?  Anyone?  Bueller?

I'm pretty sure no formal decision has been made yet, but the last
discussions I remember said that the Snell 90 helmets would probably be
good through 2005, because the 2005 standard isn't to become official until
near the end of the season, and it may be a while after that before helmets
with 2005 stickers show up.

But don't take my word for it...  Write a letter. :-)

Mark