Re: [evolution-disc.] annual tech and online rules?

To: Evolution Discussion <evolution-discussions@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] annual tech and online rules?
From: Charlie Davis <gt40d@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 10:52:22 -0800 (PST)
--- Chuck wrote:

> Most other racing organizations include a rule book
> as part of the
> membership cost/benefits. Add 15.00 to the
> membership cost and send every
> member a rule book. Problem solved. (plus selling a
> lot more rule books)
> The presenting a rule book at event registration is
> mostly taken as a joke
> IMHO, the same rulebook gets passed thru more hands
> than a 5.00 prostitute
> in the registration line. Might as well just hang
> one on a string at the
> door of the truck.

The difference is most organizations have one
rulebook.  We have several within SCCA.  The
membership cost to cover all our rulebooks would go up
a fair amount.

It also occurs to me that I haven't seen roadracers
have to show a copy of the GCR at registration to
compete.  I question the requirement of showing an
S2R, until you get to the protest process.  At that
point, if you don't have a rule book, automatic DSQ.

Charlie

The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
http://my.yahoo.com