Re: Air compressor question

To: "Larry Steckel" <lorenzoscribe@hotmail.com>, autox@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Air compressor question
From: Dick Rasmussen <rasmussend@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 11:15:35 -0500
At 08:14 AM 11/26/2004, Larry Steckel wrote:
>My question for those of you with a home compressor is what kind of oil do
>you use in your compressor pump?
>
>Dedicated air compressor oil?
>
>Regular detergent motor oil?
>
>Non detergent oil?
>
>Larry Steckel

Larry,

According to the manual for my 1978 vintage twin cylinder Craftsman
compressor the oil should be "good grade" 30W (20W may be used in winter
conditions).  I'm sure that I would run a good grade of automotive 30
weight the next time I change it or top it off.

I can't remember the last time I changed the oil since the compressor
doesn't get used much and obviously it doesn't have to deal with
"automotive" engine considerations. Basically just moisture in the air.

Dick