RE: [evolution-disc.] annual tech and online rules?

To: Evolution Discussion <evolution-discussions@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: RE: [evolution-disc.] annual tech and online rules?
From: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 13:54:44 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004, Andy Hollis wrote:
> Dear Dr. Draconian,   :-)
>
> This is a classic case of what works in one area may not work in
> another.

Indeed.

> As another anecdotal datapoint, we often have terribly disappointing
> attendance at our divisionals throughout Texas, regardless of whether
> they are held in DFW, Houston or Austin.  Way less than a normal
> regional (200 cars at a regional, 100 at a divisional).  Not because of
> event quality, but because it costs participants more than they are
> willing to pay to play. Even with the temp membership offer.  Your
> suggestions would not fly well here.

Am I the only one that thinks divisionals are silly?  They're solely run
by the local region, which is a _huge_ burden compared to a tour where the
national staff helps or a regional where you don't need to be quite so
anal about everything.  They've also got less 'status' than a tour.

I just can't see a reason why we keep doing divisionals.  Certainly as a
local region chair I don't see the point vs. a Tour or ProSolo...

Mark

(oh, and yes, I agree with Andy that requiring an SCCA membership would
suck here in Pittsburgh).