Re: Have you seen the latest Mini ad campaign?

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Have you seen the latest Mini ad campaign?
From: "krylar" <krylar@swbell.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 12:24:09 -0600
The difference is that parking lots are *private* property, streets are
public, and therefore the only thing you'll get in trouble for is
trespassing (the owner has to ask you to leave first, though - or there
needs to be a sign indicating no trespassing).  Maybe - *maybe* - the police
will come and kick you off the lot.  Our region's local instructor, Mr. Buck
Morris, is a OK Highway Patrol officer who teaches pursuit driving to the
other troopers.  In our last club sponsored precision driving school, he
encouraged us to make our own pylons out of plastic soda bottles painted
orange and practice with one or two in an empty parking lot.  His words:
"The only thing the police will do is ask you to leave."

I've done this several times - you have to find lots that serve businesses
which are closed on Sundays.  We have a lot of those around here on the
fringe of suburbia, and I've never been bothered once.  Be responsible, and
don't go trash cones in a WalMart lot on a Saturday afternoon, and you'll be
fine.

Ken in OKC