Re: Have you seen the latest Mini ad campaign?

To: <Smokerbros@aol.com>, "Yeoh Yiu" <squid@panix.com>
Subject: Re: Have you seen the latest Mini ad campaign?
From: "Joe Goeke" <teamnet@hedlygoeke.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 13:29:23 -0800
> > I agree with you and hope that SCCA does in fact discuss this with MINI
and
> > get them to alter this campaign to encourage MINI owners to seek out
sanctioned
> > legal events.
> >
> > Charlie
>
> MINI has been encouraging learning about and participating in SCCA events:
>
> screenshot of MINIUSA's flash website:
> http://derfotohof.net/autos/mini/miniusa_scca_02.PNG
>
> or scroll down to April/May 2003 on
> http://omor.com/mini/potw.php
>
> As compared to the typical high performance car advert regard of
> prudent driving, I find the MINI's adverts to be quite tame; it's only
> the specifically mentioning 'cones' and 'parking lot' that's
> noteworthy here.

You missed the point. This ad does not mention any thing about SCCA or any
approved sanctioned event.  It prompts just going to any old "abandoned" (I
love this definition....) lot and setup you own course on your own and
running as fast as you can through a referenced 100ft slalom.  This is no
different than racing on "abandoned" roads on your own.

---JHG