RE: Turbo cars in SP

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Turbo cars in SP
From: "Charles" <golden1@britsys.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 12:13:23 -0500
I agree, do exactly like we do with every other allowed mod in a class,
assume it WILL be done and class the vehicle accordingly. We don't class
other modified cars based on thier stock configuration, but on what the
car's performance is when prepared to the full extent of the rules for the
class. Sometimes that means reclassing a particular model once it's
potential has been shown, Taka Ono's FSP Celica is the perfect example of this
precident.
People who change the injection system on an SP Miata for example are not
dictated by the rules that the fuel delivery can only be X% above stock, or
that the fuel or timing map can only be so much. Why get into this big
production of trying to put limits on something that are not enforcable in
practice?