Re: [evolution-disc.] Was UD/BD ST

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] Was UD/BD ST
From: "Jason" <jasondjackson@excite.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 16:51:39 -0400 (EDT)
     I wonder how many ST soloists actually drive,
in good weather, on their race tires?  Your argument
is completely valid Mike.  Driving across town to an event
is different than a 2-3 hour commute that might encompass
a deluge.  The street tire limitation is just that, a
limit of the rules process.  Why not
just use r-compound race radials (STR)if the price is the
same, except for the S at the end of ST?

     I remain in lowly HS, with Kumhos, since the car
I drive is also my daily driver.  If I modify my
Lancer (no EVO), then I will probably go to SP since
I will need two sets of wheels anyway.  Kumhos last me
almost a season since I only run about 3 events every
6-7 weeks and my season, due to WV, OH, and KY weather, runs
maybe March through November.  I still could not drive on
my race tires if they were street tire for the entire year.

Jason Jackson