Re: FW: UD/BD Explained (was Fastrack)

To: tr6nut@sbcglobal.net, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: FW: UD/BD Explained (was Fastrack)
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2003 10:56:43 EDT
In a message dated 6/25/03 6:56:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
tr6nut@sbcglobal.net writes:

> Oh please!!.  Stock class autocrossing has not been "where you will be
> reasonably able to compete in the car you were introduced to the sport in"
> for at least the past ten years.  When I ran in stock classes in the 1980's
> it was that way.  Now its" Wow, great to have you, glad you came out, by the
> way, you are going to want to get a spare set of wheels for the "R" rated
> tires you'll need (that you cannot run on the street) and don't forget to
> put aside $1000-$2000 for those custom struts and shocks you'll need once
> you get serious.

Every serious sporting endeavor has an entry cost associated with it.  You
can spend more than that on shooting, bicycling, skiing, etc.  And you can
still
drive that car every day.  I don't see where the heartburn over wheels,
tires, and shocks has any basis in reality.

Charlie Davis