Path for ST cars to Progress (was: UD/BD Explained )

To: "Yo Word Up" <jbrett@PebbleMotorSports.com>
Subject: Path for ST cars to Progress (was: UD/BD Explained )
From: "J. Howell" <jbrett@PebbleMotorSports.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 08:50:21 -0700
Man, I wish some of these topics had been discussed back when we were
contemplating the formation of the ST classes. It would have been nice if
someone had mentioned the possiblity that this class whose intent was to appeal
to the "newcomer" would eventually be overrun by more experienced competitors
building cars to the limit of the rules and stomping everyone else. I also wish
we had discussed the possibility that the rules may just result in another
class where there was "the" car to have and everyone else was relegated to
following. Boy, the autocross community sure seems shortsighted given the fact
that these topics were never discussed before.

J. Brett Howell (tongue firmly planted in cheek)
www.PebbleMotorSports.com