Re: timing eyes

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: timing eyes
From: "GPSoftware" <gpsoftware@icehouse.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 22:43:31 -0700
Besides timing and scoring software, I also provide high quality infrared
trigger sensors. If you are willing to do the electrical and mechanical
work, a set of Q45 photoheads are only $160. A set of Q40's (which have the
same range but not the easy alignment indicators) are only $110. If you are
really on a budget, a set of S18 sensors (less range, approx. 50 ft) are
only $80. These are all thru-beam sensors, which are inherently much less
sensitive to noise and interference than retro-reflective sensors.

While I've had many "comments" about Accucros software, the feedback on
these sensors is unanimous - they are rock solid reliable.

The Radio Shack sensors might seem like a good idea (i.e. cheap), but you
will be spending your day re-aiming and adjusting them in-between re-running
cars because of false triggers. Even the "good" times will be suspect. There
are several great timers out there, but if you connect them to a set of junk
triggers you might as well be using hand held stopwatches.

You can see the sensors at www.icehouse.net/gpsoftware, on the "hardware"
page.

Gary Poole
GPSoftware