Re: Numbers

To: "Patrick Washburn" <washburn@dwave.net>,
Subject: Re: Numbers
From: "Charles" <golden1@britsys.net>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 16:29:52 -0400
The rule is pretty clearly worded right now in my opinion, except that a
minimum size for the class designation (I'd suggest a minimum of 6" with a
1" stroke), "and be placed adjacent to the numbers", needs to be added
here*.
>From the 2003 rulebook: (upper case is added to clarify what is IMHO lacking
in enforcement that is creating the problems we're trying to "solve" with a
new rule.)
"Rule 3.8. ALL cars must have car numbers and class letters on BOTH sides.
Car number will be a MINIMUM of 8" high and a MINIMUM of 1-1/4" stroke.
Class letters should be smaller *. Both MUST be of uniform color and in
CONTRAST to the color of the car. All letters and numbers MUST be on BODY
PANELS,  NOT on windows, and only ONE set of numbers may be VISIBLE while
the car is RUNNING."

No where does it say you can make a number "invisible" with a single stripe
of tape, or you can make numbers out of 1/2" tape because it's what is
handy, or use shoe polish on windows for numbers!