Re: Off Topic: Merc Sable Fuel/Ignition Shutoff?

To: "autox" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Off Topic: Merc Sable Fuel/Ignition Shutoff?
From: Paul Parkanzky <parkanz1@msu.edu>
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2003 17:09:39 -0500
My fiance has a '02 Explorer and I've driven it through some pretty rough
stuff without the fuel shutting off.  When I was younger I had a '94 Escort
and I was rear-ended on the highway.  I was doing about 55, they were doing
around 85.  The collision sent them WAY off the road but they recovered and
continued on.  When I attempted to follow them my car shut off after about
100 yards.  I had to push the switch in the trunk to get it going again.  I
don't think that these switches are a bad thing and it takes (in my
experience) a whole lot more than dropping a couple of tires off of the
road to get them to cut off.

Paul