boxster at nationals

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: boxster at nationals
From: "psalerno77 snet" <psalerno77@snet.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 14:16:40 -0500
Steve Hui asked:
> A question for those who have been doing this for longer than I have -- why
> did no one field a stock class Boxster at the national level until 2000?
> With the base Boxster being one of the cars to have in the current B Stock,
> and the Boxster S purportedly being a class killer in A Stock, it seems
> awfully strange to me that no one ran them when they first came out.  I
> can't find the results for the 1997 Nationals, but it seems that not a
> single person ran a stock Boxster at the 1998 or 1999 Nats.
>
> Anyone have any insight into why this was the case?

That is very interesting that you bring this up now.....When I first ordered
my 99 Boxster there were many in the autox community who came right out and
told me the car was NO GOOD...  The example then was look at Josh ( Who is an
awsome driver) strugling to run with the big dogs at that time........

At my first big event....the national tour....I only had tires on the
car....NO Alignment...nothing....Just three coats of wax....I finished third
behind GH and Paul K....but not by much.....GH went over my car looking for
something....He then said...I have to test drive one of these.....Then he
bought the same freakin color.....

I personally feel a number of people, including myself ran away from the
boxster too soon...The car is great.  I still believe a 98 or 99 car has a
much better shot than an 00 through 02 car.  The rear end ratio is better on
the 2.5 cars then the 2.7 cars.

If I could have afforded a NEW 03 2.7.......Thats what I would be driving this
year.....but I can not so I will be in the poor mans Porsche.....The
350Z......boy does it have bottom end....

Later,
PatS
77BS for 03.....no more secrets....