custom swaybars

To: evolution-discussions@yahoogroups.com (Evolution Discussion),
Subject: custom swaybars
From: TeamZ06@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 12:05:54 EDT
Just had to share this experience.

Having heard a lot of good things about Saner Performance Fabrication, I
contacted them about fabricating a custom front swaybar for my SS Corvette
Z06 prior to Nationals.  Unfortunately they did not have the bar size I
needed in stock and due to time constraints couldn't get it delivered in time
either.  Since I work in the metal fab business I pulled in some favors and
arranged to have a piece of bar shipped out of Canada; this is where the fun
began.

Tha bar left Canada on UPS Next Day, but was somehow misrouted to
Philadelphia.  UPS caught the mistake early enough that evening not to be an
issue, but not being satisifed with a simple mistake decided to make the bar
disappear off the face of the earth for several days.  This was during the
week leading up to Nat's.  Well the bar finally showed up at the Saner shop
late Friday morning before the Pro Solo Finale.  They were able to fabricate
the bar that day, having only one shot at it since I only sent enough
material to make one swaybar, and sent it to me in Topeka via UPS Saturday
delivery (yikes!).

Considering the situation, I was mildly surprised when I installed the Saner
swaybar that the spherical endlinks lined up exactly with the mounting holes;
it was a 100% perfect fit.  I have to credit the Saner custom front swaybar
with greatly assisting my 3rd place finish in the always tough Super Stock
class.  I have no association with Saner other than purchasing this one bar,
but feel compelled to share my experience with anyone else who may need to
have a custom swaybar made in the future.  They come highly recommended by
me.

Saner Performance Fabrication
1365 N. Killian Drive, Bay G
Lake Park, FL  33403