RE: Lutefisk - was:Tahrs

To: AutoX@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Lutefisk - was:Tahrs
From: Jeff Winchell <Jeff@Winchell.Com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 10:08:29 -0800
>I've lived here (Minnesota)with the scandewhovians for 15+ years and have
>yet to even see this mystical material.

In Ballard (the Scandanavian part of Seattle), they have a Lutefish eating
contest during their seafood festival in July It's not a pretty site seeing
a bunch of people on a podium shoving their mouths as fast as they can with
this gelatinous mess.

For more on this questionable practice, see
http://www.seattlepress.com/print-1105.html

Interestingly, of the 3 pages of links I found on Google when I searched
for Ballard Lutefist contest, none of them risked showing the viewing
audience a picture of this exercise.

Also, at the bottom of the above article, they mention Minnesota has a
Lutefisk tossing contest.

OK, here's more for those really wanting to know everything about
Lutefisk... lots of links to explore

http://www.fellestrust.org/Lutefisk/LutefiskLinks.htm