Re:Tractor batteries and where is everyone???

To: "'team.net'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re:Tractor batteries and where is everyone???
From: "Ayer, John K" <john.k.ayer@boeing.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 11:12:23 -0800
(Have gone 3 full days with no digests?  That can't be right...)

Gary M wrote:
The only problem turned out to be battery life, and it seems to be caused by
the
charging system....
 The small plates in the lawn tractor battery just can't take it, and it
failed in less than a
race season.

We ran tractor batteries in a DSP Fiat for several years.  Aside from short
overall life, we often ran out of juice at events thus perpetuating many
Italian car stereotypes:)
When we when back to even the smallest actual automotive battery(Miata
sized) all those problems went away.

Kimball Ayer
ex-DSP X1/9, now DS WRX.
(This message brought to you by the letter "X"...)