RE: Rulebooks Online (a lurker's opinion)

To: "'Teamdotnet'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Rulebooks Online (a lurker's opinion)
From: "Eric Salem" <eric@mail.brown911.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 23:23:09 -0600
This is nearly exactly what another car club I'm in does.

You can't get to the online rules unless you're a member and you can't
participate at some levels without paying a license fee that includes a
rule book.

The SCCA could start having a 'Solo' license like they do now for Crew,
SSS, CFR, Club Racers, etc. The Solo version costs an extra $15 and
includes a rule book. (You can't force the club racers to buy a GCR as
MANY of them don't prepare their own cars - they pay someone else to
know the rules and take the cars through tech.)

The local regions could then enforce members-only events at their
discression. Give the newbies a couple free and call it good.

If you really think a five dollar discount for a SoloII will build your
membership prove it. Not counting the free WRX memberships how much have
any of our regions grown considering the non-renewals in terms of casual
Solo types.

At the cheapest level of Solo the financial commitment is noticably
greater than $15 for a rule book. Why don't we just be honest up front?

Would anyone care to argue that their individual Solo budget runs on
$15?