Re: Battery rules

To: Brian Garfield <bgarfield@md.adelphia.net>
Subject: Re: Battery rules
From: Ron Nottingham <nottingham@alltel.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 10:21:19 -0500
Brian Garfield wrote:

> Not sure if this has been discussed before but I was wondering about
> batteries.  I'm sure for the most part that it falls under the "if it's not
> written, it's not legal" rule.  But I'm curious if others in the past have
> "replaced" a battery with the same amp hours for something that wasn't
> completely stock.  Do we have to buy a Mazda battery if we own a Mazda, a
> Porsche battery if we own a Porsche?

Short answer: No.

Long answer: As I understand it, you can use any battery you like, as
long as it is a replacement for the vehicle in question.  For example,
you could not replace the stock battery with a motorcycle battery.  You
are, however, free to chose a different brand.  Batteries are considered
consumables.

Ron N. - Dalton, GA
90 SHO (non-Ford battery)
84 300zxt (non-Nissan battery)