First Autocross Advice Needed

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: First Autocross Advice Needed
From: Jeffrey Macko <jeffrey@macko.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 20:45:50 -0800
I've been reading up on the Autocross information on the net.  Next Sunday,
I'll be giving it a shot with my '02 BMW 330i. (As my '69 Pontiac won't pass
tech.)

I wanted to get some advice from the list on three items:

-          It's a Non-Sport Package car, with 205 50/17's all around.
Stock tire pressure is 38F 45R full load, five people and some luggage.  33F
38R with four passengers.  Anyone got an idea what pressure I should start
with for autocross.  (Does the 40F 40R guideline apply?)

-          Class DS-N right?  2002 rules / classes now in effect?
http://www.moutons.org/sccasolo/Lists/2002/stockc.html
<http://www.moutons.org/sccasolo/Lists/2002/stockc.html>

-          Helmet Open face?  Closed Face?

And yes my shocks are stock :-)

Thx!

--Jeffrey