Manufacturer's Contributions Part 1

To: Teamdotnet <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Manufacturer's Contributions Part 1
From: Matt Murray <mattm@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 20:02:02 -0500
I've had to split the list in half due to Team.net size
limitations, but at the end is Honda's post with a link.

I tried to post:
Umm, Pat, ya might want to check those stats. BTW, it is VW/Audi,
so I suspect the 2 million was from 1 million each auto line. And
from Toyota's web site (see below my sig.). Plus more about that
particular email after that.

This borders anti-foreigner racism. It took me all of about 10
minutes to pull this info to contradict the post about who
contributed what. Like virii spam, check it first. Pat, I'm not
flaming you (but you STILL won't register your car in Connecticut
where you live and SHOULD pay taxes)  :^)

Matt Murray

http://www.toyota.com/html/about/news/archive/press_release/Commu
nity/docs/2001/20011113_relief.jsp

Toyota Announces Additional Donations to Disaster Relief Efforts,
Raising Total to $1.93 Million

Employees And Dealers Make Contributions To American Red Cross,
The New York Police And Fire Widows' And Children's Benefit Fund
And The Washington Family Relief Fund

November 13, 2001 -- New York, NY -- Toyota and its North
American companies, employees and dealers, today announced an
additional $930,000 in donations to three organizations assisting
in the relief efforts for the tragic events of September 11. The
donations to the American Red Cross; The New York Police And Fire
Widows' And Children's Benefit Fund and the Washington Family
Relief Fund are in addition to a previously announced
contribution of $1 million to the American Red Cross.

Toyota will donate $780,000 from U.S. employee and dealer
contributions and company matched funds to the American Red
Cross. All funds from Toyota's contribution to the American Red
Cross will go to support the families of September 11 victims. In
addition, the company will also contribute funds to two local New
York and Washington, D.C. organizations that are providing
support to families in their communities who were affected by the
tragedy. They are The New York Police and Fire Widows' and
Children's Benefit Fund, which will receive $125,000; and the
Washington Family Relief Fund, which will receive $25,000.
Combined with the previously announced donation to the American
Red Cross, Toyota's total donation to U.S. relief efforts is
$1,930,000.

"These contributions are a truly global effort," said Toshiaki
"Tag" Taguchi, president and CEO of Toyota Motor North America,
Inc. "In addition to donations from many of our 28,000 U.S.
employees and 95,000 Americans employed by our dealers, we
received contributions from concerned Toyota associates in Japan.
In this most difficult of times, Toyota employees have pulled
together to help."

http://www.womanmotorist.com/ftrs/bs-911-automakers-2001-01.shtml
Automakers Do Support 9/11 Disaster Relief Despite Claims Of
Emailer:
Simple Research Reveals Truth Of Automotive Industry's Generosity
By Bob Storck with contribution from
Sandra Kinsler and Mark Maynard

I received a very disturbing email recently. Someone who wished
to remain anonymous circulated a list of all the auto companies
and their alleged contributions, or lack thereof, to the relief
activities after the World Trade Center tragedy on September 11,
2001. Knowing first hand that the companies in the automotive
industry were prompt to respond to the tragedy that most have
been exceptionally generous, donating nearly 50 million dollars
and loads of goods and services, I've been tremendously bothered
by his poorly researched and potentially libelous claims. He
specifically claims that the foreign automakers did not
contribute and misrepresented the contributions of those that
did. Given the speed at which the Internet is capable of
distributing information, and in this case misinformation, it is
important for the public to know the truth.

I am printing his factless claims here along with the truth as I
could find it. First is his letter, followed by factual
information on the contributions of the companies. So read on to
see how generous and responsive they have in fact been. (In fact
you can skip his original message if you like and skip forward to
the facts. Click Here.) And, getting to the truth didn't take
much effort. The author of the letter could have easily found the
information I did had he spent a little time. But perhaps
providing the truth was not his intent.

http://www.bmwusa.com/news_events/news_l.cfm?item_id=2035600172
BMW Group Pledges Aid for Relief Efforts

September 14, 2001 - The BMW Group is committing cash and
products to the American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund and the
City of New York to assist in relief efforts following Tuesday's
attack on the United States.

BMW will donate $1 million in cash and ten new BMW X5 Sports
Activity Vehicles to the Red Cross for its national relief
efforts. One hundred police motorcycles will be given to the City
of New York to help replace equipment lost in the New York Police
Department motor pool. The total donation is valued at $2.4
million.

In a joint statement, the chief executives of BMW's
manufacturing, sales and marketing, financial services,
technology and design companies said "on behalf of our employees,
dealers, and customers, we hope this donation will assist the
relief effort, honor the memory of those who lost their lives,
and show our appreciation for the freedom and opportunity this
country offers."

http://www.honda.com/hondaresponds.html
Honda and our associates and dealers offer our sincere
condolences and respect to the victims and families involved in
the tragic events of September 11, 2001. We also offer our deep
appreciation and support for the inspiring efforts of the
thousands of American heroes involved in rescue and recovery
during this time of national need.

- The Honda Family of Companies

Together with our associates, Honda is working to support
assistance programs designed to help cope with these devastating
losses.

Direct associate contributions have raised $448,534 from
thousands of Honda associates, contractors and retirees from
every Honda company in North America.

In addition, American Honda Motor Co., Inc., Honda of America
Mfg., Inc. and other sister companies in North America have
contributed a total of $1,100,534, including company matching
funds and direct cash contributions.

These combined efforts total $1,549,068. The bulk of these funds
have been earmarked to the United Way of New York "September 11
Fund," and the American Red Cross.

As an immediate step, Honda donated all-terrain vehicles (ATVs)
to help rescue workers quickly navigate the difficult terrain
around the World Trade Center. These vehicles provide immediate
aid to speed recovery efforts and cleanup in the area. Other
material contributions include water pumps and generators to
assist City of New York Fire Department crews with cleanup and
repair efforts. We remain in touch with New York authorities to
determine their need for additional equipment. Honda had
previously donated commercial generators to the American Red
Cross for use in disaster-relief efforts such as this.

Honda continues to evaluate the most effective and meaningful
ways to address the needs brought about by these tragic events.

To find out how you can help, we invite you to join countless
others and visit www.libertyunites.org, a clearinghouse for
online donations to several relief organizations.