Re: [SDMC-List] Brake Pedal Mod

To: Kevin Stevens <Kevin_Stevens@pursued-with.net>
Subject: Re: [SDMC-List] Brake Pedal Mod
From: John Lieberman <johnlee@softdisk.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 18:55:45 -0600
Kevin Stevens wrote:

> I already do all LFB when downshifting isn't involved.  Can you describe
> how to brake AND clutch with the same foot.

I can try, Kevin, though I'll also say right up front that I STILL
haven't mastered it myself!!

There's a point in every turn where you're SUPPOSEDLY in a neutral state
- you've done the necessary amount of left-foot braking to scrub off
speed - your tires are scrubbing off the rest - and it's too early to
start accelerating out of the turn.  Granted, that point is not very
long.  But it's at THAT POINT that you should shift your left foot over
to the clutch - downshift - match your R's - then come out on the clutch
and down on the gas.  If anybody's got a surefire method for mastering
this, I'm certainly open to input.  But that's the way it's been
explained to me by professional instructors like Dick Turner.

John (Old Fartz & TLS #37) Lieberman