Re: Prep/Mods in Pro Solo

To: Alan Dahl <adahl@eskimo.com>
Subject: Re: Prep/Mods in Pro Solo
From: Todd Farris <toddf@pop.tamu.edu>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 17:45:45 -0600
>This is not true at all, at least not in C mod. We would get just as
>many runs out of a set of Hoosier R25 slicks as I get out of a set of
>Hoosier autocross radials on the Miata, if not more. When it comes to
>wear and tear a well-prepped Formula Ford is every bit as reliable as a
>stock class car. That whole season of '97 we did nothing more than roll
>the car on and off the trailer and change fluids, that's it. Sure there
>is always some off-season maintenance  with a mod car but it's usually
>not that bad if you built the car right in the first place.

I was referring to the more radical cars in P/M.  I do agree with your
point with regards to a CM car.  They are not cheap, but if maintained and
driven right, they are almost bulletproof.  My point was cars such as CP,
BP, EM where there is a power to weight issue that a drag race start can
become a concern.  For example, BP corvettes, rx7's that rely on halfshafts
and so forth.

Turbo Toddie
Todd Farris