Re: Jr. Cart rules

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Jr. Cart rules
From: PbPied@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 16:32:14 EST
The Raptor 3 can be run on gas straight out of the crate.  While Colin
(9) learned last year, I kept in a purple restrictor.  The last event of the
season, I pulled it and cut him loose.  He still had a muffler, so a straight
pipe would add yet a bit more power....  (Now I need to get him off of the
10 year old tires...  <g>)

The best thing is the price.  If you look hard you can find one for under
$300.
Anyone interested can send me a direct inquiry and I'll find you an internet
link.  I'm told they come in two varieties:  Aluminum bore and iron sleeved
bore.  I wanted the iron one for longevity.  The engine runs cool.  I don't
recall
seeing even 220 CHT.

We change the oil a lot.  Since the engines are not governed, they can twist
themselves into destruction if too short a gear is run.  I also lucked into a
source for as many new stock rod and piston assemblies I want for $40.
The seller prepares new motors for modified classes without ever firing them
first....  A Briggs parts bonus for me!

Alan Sheidler
F125 for me...
Spec FJr (for now) for the boys