"P" rules

To: eric@mail.brown911.com, rocky@tri.net, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: "P" rules
From: jwalter@ptra.com
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 22:15:10 -0600
Eric, as Rocky intimates, the Solo rule book took a divergent path from
the GCR several years ago.  Some felt that Solo could stand on it's own
and didn't need to be a step child of road race and didn't care if the
road race guys were mostly no longer competitive with their more
restrictive engine modifications.  So the rules moved away from one
another.  It's like I told everyone at the last "P" meeting at Topeka,
I'll care about the road race guys being competitive when they allow me to
run my car in their class, as is.  It won't happen.

Jim McKamey has expressed to me that he thinks that the rules say "up to"
and not GCR completely legal.  While I think they say as you fear, one way
all the way or no way.  Which is how Rocky sees it too.  You can't be half
GCR legal and be GCR legal.

All you really need do is request inclusion of the twin plug head for your
car, I don't think any of us will care.  I won't even care if you manage
to beat me next year.  8^)  Mainly, cause I'm doing more to my car anyway.
 That means I'll support you with the SEB, like that would do you some
good.

By the way, just bought a 914/6 (1970).  Picked it up in Santa Barbara and
drove it back to Houston.  Flat out, no tools, just balls, jump in a go.
Wife went with me.

James Rogerson
[FP #125] - Techless Racing
jwalter@ptra.com
"Nails are glue, hypothetically speaking" - Lou Fertile
"Men that like golf are unhappy at home and incapable of having a
meaningful relationship with women" - Joseph Heller
"The people who vote decide nothing. The people who count the vote decide
everything."
     - Josef Stalin.