Re: so much for the petition

To: "Paul Zahornasky" <p.zahornasky@att.net>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: so much for the petition
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 01:59:05 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Zahornasky" <p.zahornasky@att.net>
To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2001 4:37 PM

> Did anyone actually READ the entire article before hitting the keyboards?

Exactly. And to quote the last two grafs:

"We don't think it can be just NASCAR 24 hours a day out of the gate,"
Brooks says. "It will have some other racing elements. That's probably the
right mix to get us started."

Adds Liberatore: "We're a niche, but within that, we have to be as broad as
possible. We want to be the mall. Some go for GNC, some go for Cinnabon. You
need both."

(That's Jim Liberatore, the network president, and Paul Brooks, a NASCAR
exec.)

Or, as someone said a while back, it won't be all-NASCAR all the time, but
it will be More NASCAR, More of the Time.

What will keep the other stuff on the air? Nielsen numbers!

And BTW, observe also whose website that story was on. A  Charlotte business
newspaper. NASCAR is major business in Charlotte, so it makes sense that a
Charlotte business newspaper would focus on that which relates to business
in Charlotte. Hence the emphasis on NASCAR. From that publication's point of
view, NASCAR is local news.

--Rocky