Re: Proposal for SP cars to compete in P ??? (not ST tires)

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Proposal for SP cars to compete in P ??? (not ST tires)
From: dg50@daimlerchrysler.com
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 10:13:10 -0400
"Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net> wrote:

> SP ain't broke, it just fails to provide that natural
> progression from Stock to Prepared.

I don't think that SP was ever designed as a stepping stone to Prepared.

I think that Prepared was designed more as a category where it was
projected that the majority of competitors would be driving ex-roadrace
cars, so the Prepared rules are more of a snapshot of the GCR, circa 1980
or whenever the Prepared rules were developed in the form they are in
today.

That's kinda the issue surrounding Prepared these days. The rules haven't
been kept in lockstep with the GCR, nor have they evolved into something
that's the logical next step up from SP. They're kinda their own little
island unto themselves from a rules perspective.

Clearly in the case of CP, that's not necessarily a problem, although the
Rest of Prepared seems to be suffering somewhat.

But I'd agree that trying to somehow accomodate SP-derived cars in Prepared
is a case of "square peg, round hole".

DG

The information contained in this transmission, which may be
confidential and proprietary, is only for the intended recipients.
Unauthorized use is strictly prohibited. If you receive this
transmission in error, please notify me immediately by telephone
or electronic mail and confirm that you deleted this transmission
and the reply from your electronic mail system.