Re: Proposal for SP cars to compete in P ???

To: "Eric Salem" <eric@mail.brown911.com>, <SOLOMIATA@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Proposal for SP cars to compete in P ???
From: "Bruce Haden" <bhaden@ucsd.edu>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 08:50:24 -0700
. Is it really fair to ask the kid who
> dropped an Acura 'R' motor into his othersise stock civic to run with
> the D Mod cars? He's not going to Nats, he just wants to play on Sunday
> afternoon.

YES. Although I can admire the effort put into such a conversion, anyone
who performs such a swap should have a clue beforehand that the car will
no longer be a "normal" car and that , classing it in various forms of
competition may present some problems for him/her. The people who
build such cars should do so with one eye on the rule book and ask
themselves
what they want to do with it. If they show up after the fact and want to
participate
in a new sport (Solo2) they need to accept that their "oddball" car may not
fit in
very well and not expect us to make major concessions so he can be
"competetive".
If he "...just wants to play on Sunday afternoon..." he shouldn't care where
we put him.