RE: Why not four runs/day

To: "'Charles R. Schultz'" <n2pua4@peoplepc.com>
Subject: RE: Why not four runs/day
From: "Richard Atkins" <richarda@npclabels.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 09:52:09 -0500
I have looked everywhere and can't find anything in the rule book that
defines as autocross as only 3 runs?????? Most regional and many of our
division wide event offer at least 4 runs, some regional events up to 6
runs.

Also don't see where autocross is defined as "negotiating a relatively
unfamiliar course"

What I did find in 1.2.2 Solo II defined in part "....run on short courses
that emopahsize driver's ability and the car's handling and agility......."

Also section 1.2.3 which defines Autocross says in part ".....The course is
generally well enough defined so that memory is not required......." Says to
me that running an unfamiliar course is not one of the requirements.

We don't have any Solo I within 500 miles or I would run. I do intend to
roadrace but not SCCA.