Tire warming revisited

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Tire warming revisited
From: bthatch@juno.com
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 08:31:50 -0400
As a Solo II regional chair I'd be <really> PO'd at drivers pulling those
kinds of stunts before the start. Especially if it became a common
practice. Why? besides the safety issue, which is obvious, I'd be
concerned about someone taking out the lights but most important is
holding up the event. We try to get a 20 second separation to get through
the event in a decent time frame with 180-200 drivers. We've found a 30
second versus 20 second separation adds over 2 hours to our event time.
At Nationals, I think they'd really frown on this, also.

Ben Thatcher
Atlanta Region Solo II co-chair