RE: Tire warming revisited...

To: <bhaden@ucsd.edu>, <brooks@frnk.com>, <pullg@mindspring.com>,
Subject: RE: Tire warming revisited...
From: Mdmotorsprt@aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 11:56:32 EDT
As a safety stweard, I would not permot this. First, generally you have no room
to zig zag, and if you did, from a safety standpoint I would not allow it. You
could not genrate enough speed in enough time, nor with enough protected room,
to do what you have in mind. Just because the racers do it doesn't imply it
will work for soloists. Second, no way would I permit you to reverse in any
fashion because generally you have your next competitor not far behind you. The
only reversing that I would deem ok would be to align the car at the start
line. Again, this is not drag racing, and there is not enough time to permit
you to back up, and there is mort likely not enough room without you tripping
the lights before reversing.

Mike D