Re: some kinda car

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: some kinda car
From: "Ron Nottingham" <nottingham@alltel.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2001 10:58:25 -0400
Don't know about the RSX-S, haven't driven one, but the WRX is a blast to
drive.  Only thing is, to get a good launch, you have to drive it like you
hate it.  Up to about 65mph it seems to run out of breath, acceleration
slows dramatically.  Could be gearing.  All I know, is by 80 mph my 90 SHO
is catching up, door-to-door, by 95 mph, the SHO is ahead, by 120mph, the
WRX is WAY back there, at 140mph, what was I racing again?  Yes, the other
driver was trying, and he hit 138mph, before backing out.  We switched cars,
and the same thing happened, WRX leaves the SHO to about 65mph, where the
SHO starts catching back up.  But to get those quick launches, you have to
drive like you stole it, or hate it.  In the twisties, the WRX is just
great.  I'm considering buying one myself, but I want to wait and see what
the Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V is like before making a decision.  For
autoxing, the Nissan may be better than the Subie, due to the fact of more
usable torque in the Nissan.

I also hear that the new Civic Si will be a blast, but don't know if or when
those will be sold here.  The Focus SVT also sounds promising.  What about
the new '02 VW GTI 1.8T?  180hp, great torque from the Audi turbo engine,
and a 6-speed 'box.

D@mn, life is just too short, or there could just be too many great cars.

Ron N. - Dalton, GA
90 SHO