Re: The Dadio Factor NOT!

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: The Dadio Factor NOT!
From: "Phillip Osborne" <psosborn@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 14:21:19 -0400
I take exception to Rick's analogy.  Sorry Rick, no malice intended...His
reasoning to me for Neons remaining
in the new D Stock, rather than be placed in the new G Stock, is that Daddio
and others
were able to beat the Type R's and other G Stock, E Stock cars with Neons.
I don't know how many times
this happened, and facts related over years passed do not necessarily reveal
the whole picture, course, rain, etc.  I submit that Dadio, and other top
Neon drivers, could take the
same Type R he beat, and win A or B stock with it, given enough developement
time.  To take a car like the Neon, and say it is directly competitive with
a WRX, which has had NO developement time yet in stock form, and a Type R,
that has development time and being improved every season,  and say they
have the same potential, yet are so different in stock form, is certainly
not comparing apples to apples. How do you compare an open diff 132/150
horsepower front driver to a LSD, 195hp car of nearly the same weight?  Look
at the difference in wheel size, 14x6 vs 16x7.5!  Take away the limited
slip, and the advantage still goes to Type R. And the WRX, with it's 224 hp,
available 17" wheels, awd, and limited slip, is miles ahead, even with it's
relatively heavy curb weight.
To go a step further, give Daddio a Celica GT, or GTS, and watch him beat
Type R's with that after a bit of development time.  To say that the new
Celicas
are not competitive with Neons is a bit of a stretch.  I think someone in
Rick's own region has proved the potential of the new Celica.  Anyone beaten
Mr. Rupp in a Neon?.
Neon drivers, you need to present your argument to the SEB, or you will be
getting whupped big time next year in the new D Stock.
Phil O.