Re: insight for a CSP Delsol question

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: insight for a CSP Delsol question
From: Mr53CSP@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 18:03:51 EDT
Depends... If you have a strict region and people wanna be a stickler, you
can't. If you're looking to compete nationally, definitely no. But, if you're
looking to just have fun (which autocrossing is suppose to be), do it and try
to run in CSP until someone protests you =)

The engine is kinda hard to hide but the RCAs are pretty hard for someone to
catch and say you're "cheating".

-Kam
"Straights are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers."
'90 Honda CRX "CSP"
2000 Nissan Maxima "NOC" ;)

<< Hello All:

I had an inquiry about a 1994 Honda DelSol that currently is running
in CSP.  His question is: can he update the motor to the VTEC
powerplant that was available on newer Delsols (160hp VTEC motor)?
The rulbook is very vague for the DelSol in SP.

Another related note is the rear bar.  His car doesnt have one.
Obviously he can add the bar (per the rules).  But is he allowed to
replace the rear lower control arms (with one's from a newer DelSlow)
to allow this?  His stock control arms have no provisions for the end
links.  I think the rulebook needs a little clarification for this
car.....

Thanks in advance,

Tom Kearney
tjkearney3@hotmail.com