Slow times and Toe-in

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Slow times and Toe-in
From: Han85xj6@aol.com
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 21:22:23 EDT
Hello All,

Couldn't figure out why I was getting such lousy times at the Autocross event
on Saturday.  Couldn't break 60 secs for the life of me, even though most
times were in the low to mid 50s.  I'm never the fastest car, but I expected
to do better than that.  Today I had an all wheel alignment performed and
learned that I was driving with 3/4" of toe-in on the right front wheel!  I
might as well have been driving a snow plow!  At least I got this taken care
of at the beginning of the season, but it'll really be embarrassing if my
times don't improve at the next meet!

Regards,
Warren