Re: New to List (was Speed Creep... Foster saves us again)

To: adahl@eskimo.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New to List (was Speed Creep... Foster saves us again)
From: Han85xj6@aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 11:26:03 EDT
Hello All,

A brief introduction: My name is Warren Hansen. I race a 1970 Jaguar E-Type
in BSC with the Northern New Jersey Region SCCA.  I am relatively new to this
sport, and joined this List to see if I could pick up some tips from time to
time from those of you who are more experienced, as well as to share in some
of the bench racing.

My first day of participation was somewhat surprising.  First I see an
inordinate number of posts on the subject "Speed Creep."  My first thought
was that this was some kind of oxymoron: speed = go fast; creep = go slow!

As the thread developed I then thought that this poor Foster fellow was being
depicted as the creep!

Ultimately I saw that the reference was to unwarranted increases in speed
because of flaws in course layout.  (Have I got that right?)

NNJR-SCCA has an event scheduled for tomorrow.  I hope it won't be rained
out.  Are there any other Listers from that group here?  If there are, let's
introduce ourselves tomorrow at Englishtown.

Regards,

Warren Hansen
70 FHC "Silver Bolide"