Re: Speed Creep!

To: Phillip Osborne <psosborn@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Speed Creep!
From: The Narbys <narby@centurytel.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 08:56:20 -0500
Dammit Phil, where do you get off bringing RELIABLE DATA into a discussion on
team.net?

Seriously, the whole speed creep thing is entirely unverified, and until I hear
more numbers from radar guns, I am going to continue to dismiss it, personally.
Driver estimates of how fast they were going are notoriously unreliable (and
inflated). I consider a glance at an uncalibrated factory speedo during an
autocross run an "estimate". Same for rev limiter/tacho/gear combos. Rev
limiters and tachos have error margins, too. This is without even getting into
course design, although your points there were excellent.

Second point: someone in this thread said "the powers that be" are concerned
about speed creep. Which powers? I have not heard/read any official concern on
the subject. Concern is being generated by a few members, IMO.

Doug (running to douse the flames with a can of gas) Narby

Obligatory Disclosure: I love to go fast. I make sure my car and the events I
run in are as safe as possible, then I go as fast as I can.