Definition of a Sports Car

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Definition of a Sports Car
From: PeteGossett@netscape.net (Pete Gossett)
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2001 21:43:38 -0400
Some of the recent posts, along w/some off list discussion has sent me
searching for the definition of a *Sports Car*.

Here's what Websters II had to say: "A car equipped for racing, esp. an
aerodynamically shaped one- or two-passenger vehicle having a low center of
gravity, and steering and suspension designed for precise control at high
speeds on curving roads."

Hmmm, sounds more like a Race Car to me, except for the last word. Maybe the
SCCA should Define the term *Sports Car* in a way they feel best suits the
club(then send it on to Websters)and publish it in the rulebooks?