Re: Sites dwindling

To: pethier@isd.net, washburn@dwave.net, bitterrootprop@nidlink.com
Subject: Re: Sites dwindling
From: "Arthur Emerson" <vreihen@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 12:33:22
"Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net> wrote:

>So work to get sites even when you think you don't need
>them.  Work to keep relationships at present sites even if
>you don't think you need them anymore.  MAC didn't, and now
>we are looking at a pretty bleak site list.

You can never have too many sites!  Only one club in the
New York metro area has two or more autocross sites, and
it's a *huge* problem when that site goes away or is busy
with another event/function.

The club that does have two sites is PSCC, and we "keep the
one site warm" by hosting two novice schools there each year.
It's really small, and much less desirable than our primary
site.  If we lost our primary site, however, we could still
hold points events there in a pinch.

As I've said before, it's time for the SCCA to help some of
the bigger regions build self-supporting, permanent Solo-II
facilities.  If somebody has the venture capital, I'm 100%
convinced that the business model I have devised could build
a top-notch regional Solo-II facility that could turn a
tidy profit.....

-Arthur ("I have *more* than a dream..." edition.)