Re: Public Airport Event Sites

To: Michael Poorboy <bitterrootprop@nidlink.com>
Subject: Re: Public Airport Event Sites
From: Joe worsley <worsley@yadtel.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 14:42:34 -0400
I am a retired FAA employee (non air traffic control)  I remember one
airport that was routinely shutting down one runway for events of some
sort.  A pilot complained to the FAA Airports District Office and they made
the airport discontinue it.  The rulling was that if a event is
non-aviation related and the airport accepted federal funds they couldn't
do it.
This would apply to active taxiways also.  Areas other than that should be
ok.  Most airports receive 90% funding for projects on the airport and the
state pays 5% and the airport pays the other 5%.  some airports can get
away with it if the aviation community supports it without complaining.

The best solution is if the airport has a inactive runway like a lot of
them that were military training sites.

Joe Worsley