Re: Old Volvos

To: <autox@autox.team.net>, "Dennis Hale" <dhale_510@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Old Volvos
From: "Rick" <mudfly@nycap.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 14:07:48 -0500
The most fun I ever had with a car was an old 63 PV544 I bought for 75
bucks. It was transportation for a short time, A buddy of mine who was into
hotrods thought it would make a great street rod. The body was in good shape
so we knocked out the dings ,removed the bumperand painted it "Impact red"
We also lowered it a bit and put mag wheels on it. I was dating a girl who
was a fairly good artist and she helped us paint flames on the hood. The
engine was pretty lame, after a couple months of haunting junkyards we found
a V-6 and 4 speed in a 74 Ford Capri (the german 2.3 V6)that would fit in
without much work. we finished off with a 450CFM Holley carb,side pipes and
cherry bombs. Only bad thing about that car was the drum brakes.The rears
were studebakers and easy to find. The front drums were impossible to find
and were thin. I figured out a way to get a 142(disk brake) frontend to fit
but lost interest in the car before I ever did the conversion.
  We didn't win many stoplight drag races but it sure attracted attention
(ie: cops and girls) I later gave the car to my friend who chopped the roof
off and made it into an open roadster. I wish I still had that car!!

rick